Interpretation and Definitions
- (referred to as either "the company", "we", "us" or "our" in this Agreement) refers to Zaun Consulting located in Boulder Creek, CA.
- are small file(s) that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website which helps to personalize your service experience.
- means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data
- is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- refers to the Zaun Consulting website at URL "https://zaun.com".
- Service Provider
- means any natural or legal entity that processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the service or to assist the company in analyzing how the service is used. Our service provider is Jumpline, Inc. at "https://www.jumpline.com".
- Usage Data
- refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, web server access logs).
- means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
We will not sell your personal information during or after any visit to our service since we do not track visitor browsing histories nor collect any personal information. That means, we cannot sell what we do not have.
However, our service provider does collect usage data but this information is only used to manage the billing, security and integrity of our web service. The exact details are described below.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Personal Data Collected
While using our service, you will not be asked to provide any personally identifiable information. Therefore, our service cannot distinguish one website visitor from another.
Usage Data Collected
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service in the form of web server logs. These logs are only read as needed to analyze and correct website issues and are not used in the day-to-day operation of our service. Usage data may include information such as your network's external Internet Protocol address (e.g. IPv4 address†), browser type, browser version, the page of our service that you last visited, the time and date of your visit, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the service via a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the temporary IPv6 address† of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your web browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service via a mobile device.
† Only the external IPv4 address of the NAT (Network Address Translation) router that your device is hidden behind is provided to our service which means that your device's actual IP address is unknown to us. Devices on IPv6 networks have at least two IPv6 addresses, one temporary and one permanent. Because IPv6 devices are not hidden behind a NAT router, only the temporary IPv6 address of your device (which changes every few days) is provided to our service so your device cannot be tracked over time. This anti-tracking feature is built into all IPv6 networks.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
We do not track user activity nor do we provide a personalized experience on our service. Therefore, no persistent, session and Flash cookies nor similar tracking technologies such as web beacons‡, tags and scripts are employed by our service. In addition, our service does not read or write any information into your browser's local, session or database storage.
‡Web beacons are clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs mostly used by 3rd-parties for cross-site tracking but our service does not use or allow any of these tracking items.
Our service does not employ any kind of analytics (such as Google Analytics) for marketing purposes.
Use of Your Personal Data
The company does not store, use or sell any personal data during or after you use our service. Our service is informational only.
However, the company does collect and store personal data provided by customers via telephone, e-mail or text messages for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract:
- We have the right to ensure the compliance and undertaking of any contract for the products, items or services you have purchased from us or of any other contract with the company.
- To contact you:
- To contact you by e-mail, telephone, text messages or other equivalent forms of electronic communication for informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services. And, to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- For other purposes:
- We may use your personal data for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve company services, products, marketing and your experience. We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers:
- We may share your usage data with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service but we will not share your personal information.
- For business transfers:
- We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as an on going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by the company are among the assets transferred.
- With business partners:
- We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions unless you have opted not to share such information.
- With your consent:
- We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Retention of Your Usage Data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Our service provider does retain usage data for the purposes of determining the monthly billing for hosting our service based on overall data transfer rates.
Notice of Personal Data Transfer
Disclosure to Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but no method of electronic or physical storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our records. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites